Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

So for the past month or so, a small group of five feral pigeons (originally six) have decided to stay around our property.
I currently have 10 Gazzi Modenas living in my aviary and all the ferals want to do is get in.

They used to come and go , i feed them every evening and once they finish eating they fly off somewhere to sleep. But for the last week or two they have decided to sleep on our roof or ontop of the aviary , and this has become very dangerous because at night time cats wonder around my yard.

Yesterday one of the larger ferals was killed by a cat because they were all sleeping on the roof. I don't want to keep having them put themselves in danger.
I know this may be my fault for feeding them and ofcourse that must be the reason why they stay here.

But is there anything i can do? Ive already caught them all and taken them to a bridge in the city where many ferals take residence. but they just fly over back to my house.

·
Registered
499 Posts
if they see the food they are going to naturally want it inside the cage,,so hide that which you don,t want seen and if you feed them in the evening,,either don,t feed them at all /maybe in the am--but--they will hang around as long as you feed them,,,maybe feed them down at the bridge,.sincerely james waller,need water too..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I had simmilar problem with cat on the roof and I just restricted access to the roof, is there no way to put some netting where the cats climb?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I guess the only thing to do is build them their own loft. :cool: Seriously, I hope it works out. Maybe you can really make them a small place you can lock up at night and open in the mornings? A tiny loft or something? Good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about that... Having a row of nest boxes that i can close at night on a wall..
Feeding them in the morning also sounds like a good idea.

Oh and yes, James, They have their own bowl of clean water.

Thankyou guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts