Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

One of my Pomeranian Pouters some how lost all his flight feathers on his left wing and am not sure how that happened. She has not left the loft at all and has only been in the aviary which no predators can get in. It has been over a week since this has happened and I read that if you can pull out the flight feathers it will grow back. Now I tried to remove the remaining pieces but when I try to pull on it the are stuck in there good and it feels like I am hurting the bird when trying to remove it. Is there an easier way to do this or do I have to wait until moulting season to have them fall out. The bird
is not able to fly due to this and I wanted to speed up the process as it use to fly very well. Is there anything else I can do to try to loosen up those flight feathers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have provided some photos as well.
Bird Purple Beak Wood Feather
Bird Beak Natural material Feather Wing

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hello,

Your bird looks hurt, I would not attempt to puck any of her feathers out. This will hurt her a lot.
The bird needs to heal and grow back the feathers naturally.
You should not try and speed up the process it is not a good idea.

Good Luck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Your bird looks hurt, I would not attempt to puck any of her feathers out. This will hurt her a lot.
The bird needs to heal and grow back the feathers naturally.
You should not try and speed up the process it is not a good idea.

Good Luck
Thank you, Do you know how long this could take so that she is able to fly again. I feel so bad that she is always on the floor and I have to take her out to the avairy everyday as my birds have to fly up to the opening to get out for fresh air.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Unfortunately, It could take a several weeks, she also needs to heal where she is hurt.
You should let her bathe in warm water frequently to aid in the healing process.
Be patient and don't worry, your doing what's best for the circumstances.
You don't want to traumatize her any other way.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts