Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a flock of 20 birds and they seem to be starving even though there is food in there at all times, I am loosing about a bird a day and today I noyiced two more look sick. I am not new to pigeons, I had a large flock when I was kid. Never saw anything like this. Some of the birds are new to me. One is a stray racing homer that stayed with my birds, she seems healthy. Ideas??

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yup, get some general antibiotics give a course of them that treats ecoli/salmonella. Treat for worms, coccidia and canker. Your choice in what order but I would start with the antibiotic with probiotic asap. Can you get any? You can also go right ahead with the canker/trich treatment at the same time too, then after those are done, do the cocci and see if they stop dying. Also google 'pigeons going light' and see what they say to use. Spartix is a tablet for that I think, if memory serves. Contact Foys pigoen supplies they are in the U.S. so shipping should be fast and cheap.

Anytime you introduce a new bird to flock do ALL of the above before you put in with rest of flock. Thanks.

Wow I just read all that it it sounds bossy lol, sorry just in a hurry, gotta run...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feeding common pigeon food nothing special, the temp is in the high 40s at night. 70s in the day. The guy I bought some of these birds from was not taking very good care of them

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Well then I would take a fresh poo sample and send it to Foys, call them first, that way you will know exactly what to treat for.
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts