Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We raise Iranian Highflyer Pigeons and now have around 800 of them. Together with the cows, sheep and the neighbors horse ranch, we have a terrible fly problem this year. Has anyone been successful in using fly predators?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hello. Welcome to PT. I am glad to hear of your success. The only fly predators here in Cali. that i can remember are the fly catcher bird, humming birds, any of the ground feeding birds that scratch the ground, the robber fly that looks like a giant fly that eats flies. And keeping the cats out of the yard in the day time so all these birds can do their thing is the key factor. What about D.E.. That can be put over the dung piles to control the flies. I have zero experience with it but one day, I wish to make a setup with window screens that can be put over the bait; the screen box will have D.E. stuck to it and when the flies try to get to the bait they get cut up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gent's, I think what the original poster was referring is --Fly Predators. I have horses and have purchased Fly Predators for prolly 4yrs. I don't think they have any direct effect on my loft because they lay eggs on maggots of fly's in the area, I guess if they kill any fly's at all it helps horses and pigeons, but we still have lots of fly's around my horses. (that's just Florida) I guess they could be worse so any they kill all the better.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts