Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone noticed that pigeons tend to follow what others(pigeons)do???i notice at feeding time,when the food goes into feeder,they come round and stand at distance,wait for a bit then one of the more "dominant"hens comes down and starts feeding,then the rest follow,this happens during"wing stretches" and yesterday,,,it had been raining,it got quite warm afterwards when rain stopped and one pigeon(one of the hens)sat on the lawn(in position like on nest)and when i looked again there were 12 others sitting in same position!!!!anyone know more about this??? thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have notices similiar things. Some birds in my loft are "dominent" and do everything first. It seems like all of my pigeons won't do somthing unless the dominent pigeon does it. Maybe it's an instinct that the stronger bigger pigeon does something different first so the rest of the pigeons can see that it's safe. But don't take my advice on that because I'm not that smart about pigeons.:eek:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I have observed the same especially during bath. There is always that brave pigeon who will try first, then the rest follows.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
our "leader"is caramel log(brown white roller type hen),shes VERY bossy lol,i am going out in an hour to stock up on pigeon supplies,so when i get home she will no doubt be sitting on her perch waiting,its funny,i recently bought a new pigeon feeder,and none would use it,even the ex racers who had used them before,until caramel log decided to try it out,now its very well used lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.