Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
What do i feed my 2 babies pigeons. I've got them 2 days ago. I saw them pecking on the food but couldn't pick them up. They do drink water. PLease help. It's urgent.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
You are supposed to get birds that can already eat and drink. Hopefully they are not too young that requires you to hand feed them. Have they eaten in those 2 days you got them? Or they just pick? Sometimes new birds won't eat a day or 2 because of stress in their new environment.

If they do pick, but won't swallow and they are old enough, then maybe you can just give them smaller seeds such as milo and millet. My baby birds like those most likely because they are smaller seeds. Just watch them if not you will end up doing drastic way like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkyKtf92BM&feature=channel_page and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4SRSE06BM&feature=channel_page

·
Registered
499 Posts
feed the babies-kaytee

Hello everyone,
What do i feed my 2 babies pigeons. I've got them 2 days ago. I saw them pecking on the food but couldn't pick them up. They do drink water. PLease help. It's urgent.
feed the babies kaytee(brand),all baby bird food(exact-formula),.available at pet smart,petco,etc.-read the label,..sincerely james waller

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
You can defrost some frozen peas and feed them at room temperature to them. You'll probably have to put the peas in their beak. Tap your finger in the seeds to help them get the idea and they should start eating on their own in the next few days. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have been given a few youngsters that were not completely eating well on their own.

If they are drinking on their own, you can give them a tablespoon of seeds three times a day, by hand...just until they eat well on their own. Gently open the beak, and put in a few seeds on the tongue and then allow them to swallow. Repeat this until they have had enough and make sure they drink well after.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.