Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this sorry little guy who I couldn't kill but he's really too much trouble he eats drinks and lives but can't fly obviously if anyone wants to rescue him please do.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The pic

Here he his

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was the result of a predator confrontation.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
What got at him?
With the fencing wire you are using on the loft, anything could easily grab one of your birds through the wire. And rodents can easily walk right in. Rats and mice alike. Just isn't safe.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i would snap him up. i have had birds like this before, broken wing and pmv in past years. i found because they were limited by what they couldnt do....fly...they made the most out of what they could do....breed! they make the best parent/foster parents in my opinion! and double up as trappers to bring the flocks down if/when!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Poor chick. Is the injury at the wing new? You should /should have bandaged it close to the body in the normal position.

·
Registered
226 Posts
what kind is it, and was flier ect? ive reset injuries before and fixed otherwise and they were able to fly again after months. id take and try to fix and keep or rehome. i wonder what the shipping would be? as about over two hours..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I don't know, I'll try n' check what shipping might be. I'm not sure if there is much to do for this bird as far as getting his wing back to normal. But I'm not gonna stop you if you wish to try! He's an Arabian Trumpeter, I took him after the injury, but like I said, just to much trouble for me. He was bred last year.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, shipping is gonna be about $23, well, $17 if I pay online, which I'll do. But then the box, I've got one, but that's about another $20, not sure it's worth it. But let me know.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Box for $20?

Yea, shipping is gonna be about $23, well, $17 if I pay online, which I'll do. But then the box, I've got one, but that's about another $20, not sure it's worth it. But let me know.
Just a quick question Armanitrvs,would you be using a 4-6 bird box to ship to bird in? You can buy a brand new 4 bird box with dividers for $15.99 from Foys. The 1-2 bird boxes are $9.99 at Foys. Again,I was just woundering because I charge $20 for a box when I ship out 5 birds plus the shipping charges.

Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree $20 maybe a lot for a box but order the $9.99 box from foys and you pay $11 shipping. I have done it before. Best to buy multiple boxes to cut down on shipping.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a quick question Armanitrvs,would you be using a 4-6 bird box to ship to bird in? You can buy a brand new 4 bird box with dividers for $15.99 from Foys. The 1-2 bird boxes are $9.99 at Foys. Again,I was just woundering because I charge $20 for a box when I ship out 5 birds plus the shipping charges.

Thanks
lol, no, I'm using an eight bird box for this one! lol
I've just got a box that was sent to me with some birds, it's for a pair I believe.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, I'm sorry. I don't know where I was coming up with $20, this box costs $6.50. lol
My bad
I honestly wasn't trying to "get you". Just an ignorant mistake. I've never bought one of these boxes before. Just the 4 bird boxes, And I would have given you a accurate estimate if you were really interested, too. Not just off the top of my head.
Anyway, sorry about that and thanks for pointing that out to me you two.

·
Registered
226 Posts
do you have any links or video showing how they sound or how loud they are? hear they are a voice pigeon and can be loud, but cannot seem to find video of them making any noise..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol, I've only heard them "sing" once! And that was at the beginning with the first parent pair. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? I should look into that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To me it's just an elevated and elongated version of their typical cooing. Nice, but nothing special, really. I guess if you had a whole loft of them it would be something!

·
Registered
226 Posts
i know nothing of the singing types. im probly going to be moving soon, so id have to wait or pass for now on the little fellow, till i get more space again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts