Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm at wits end on what to do with this little bird. I posted on someone else's thread accidentally so I was instructed on how to start my own thread. (Thank you Jay)

I found this bird about a week ago when it jumped out of my tree and landed on the ground. It walked wobbly but okay and I caught it and put it in a cage in my home. I was told by many people to return it to where I found it because mom and dad might be feeding it and looking out for it. I did that for half a day when I noticed other pigeons jumping on it (more like stomping on its back) and pecking at it. I ran to save it and noticed that it’s NOW not walking. It hasn’t walked in six days and it actually army crawls using his wings. I will hold it up in the air and it’ll flap like it wants to fly but its feet will not grab onto my fingers. It’ll drink when I hold water up to it and eat wild bird seed when I put that down in front of it. It doesn’t appear to have a problem with eating or drinking. If I take it to the vet they will surely put it down because pigeons are not well loved here in Vegas. I have feral cats on my property and don’t want it to be eaten so I’ve been keeping very close watch of it. I’m now at the point where I need to do something with this bird because it’s getting difficult with my work and husband and life to try to make sure that it’s safe and drinking and eating properly. When I turn it over, it appears that its breast bone is sticking out without any feathers on it. I just don’t know what to do for this little bird.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.