Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was found in rural Bucks County, PA. Sadly, he passed away as soon as I brought him in the house. He obviously had lesions inside his throat that caused him to suffocate to death. I know he must have belonged to someone because we don't see wild pigeons roaming around Hickville, PA. He couldn't fly even though he tried, which makes me think his wings were broken or clipped. He was rather clean and tidy (minus the lesions around his eyes and beak) considering I found him outside. And, he was wearing a blue band on each foot. I didn't think to read the number on it before because I didn't know people kept pigeons as pets until now. It seems, though, that if he did belong to someone, they knew he was dying and didn't want to take care of his illness or put him down. They just left him to suffocate to death. Very sad.

I dug him a little hole in our back yard and buried him. So if you think this bird may belong to you, now you know where he is.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
It may be as you think or he could have been lost, been infected with pox and didn't know how to get home. When they have pox, often they have other illnesses as well. Worms or coccidia can ground Pigeons.
I'm glad you let us know and thank you for being there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts