Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the pictures of the pigeon. I found it yesterday and I put it up there after it just kept fluttering but not flying. Fed it bird food, it hasnt flown away anywhere tho. Just moves around that area. I'm not a bird expert, so idk what to do about it. I can't grab it anymore because it runs away when I get close. It looks healthy tho it did have some yellow near his lower wing area. My mum thinks its wing may be broken. So what should I do? Just feed it every now and then and leave it be?

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you can, it would be best to capture it again and bring it to a vet or wildlife rehabilitator. If the pigeon's wing IS broken, the yellow on it may be a sign of a serious infection. A pigeon that can't fly is at very high risk of getting killed by other animals including cats, dogs, crows, hawks, magpies, rats, etc. If you really can't catch the pigeon, at least try to offer it some protection (such as a cardboard box with a top and a hole in the side just big enough for the pigeon to get in and out of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts