Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.I found a pigeon being attacked by some cats.I reascued 3 pigeons before (flappy,Chocolet (unfotinally Violet is dead :( )and now Luna) but I have to leave this one for 4 days.She has a hurt wing and cant fly.What should I do?I dont want her to die....

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
We have members in Phoenix. Hold tight and keep checking back. One of them will be on line shortly I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
What do you mean you have to leave it for 4 days? Or Do you mean your leaving in 4 days? I hope someone can help you before you leave. With a cat attack, it really needs antibiotics. mindy

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
The bird does need antibiotics right away. Here are some resources in your area.

Dr Hillary Frank
20 W. Dunlap Ave.
Phoenix, Az 85021
602-395-9825
emergency number
602-995-3757

Dr Funk
858 N. Country Club Dr
Mesa, Arizona 85201
480-833-7330

Dr Susan Goshert
19th Ave and Union Hills
Phoenix, Arizona
602-869-6629

Dr Wayne Svoboda
Dr Ritzman
3526 W. Glendale Ave
Phoenix, Arizona
602-841-1200

Dr Kevin Wright
744 N. Center Street
Mesa, Arizona
480-275-7017

Arizona (Rehabbers)

East Valley Wildlife
Nancy Eilertsen
Chandler, AZ
(480) 814-9339
EastValleyWildlife.org

Fallen Feathers
Jody Kieran
Peoria, Arizona
623-533-2348
www.fallenfeathers.org

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What do you mean you have to leave it for 4 days? Or Do you mean your leaving in 4 days? I hope someone can help you before you leave. With a cat attack, it really needs antibiotics. mindy
Iam leaving it inside my house for 4 days and i cant take it to a vet cause its 7:27 and iam leaving at dawn :( still looking 4 my camra.Iam going to move her into my old guineia pig cage insted of a box these were really healthy cats though does she still need medincine?Can I give her something else?Ive been giving her suger water...And does flash paralize (cant spell srry...) them?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Please take the bird here. The bird won't survive without them and ceratinly not for 4 days.

Fallen Feathers
Jody Kieran
Peoria, Arizona
623-533-2348
www.fallenfeathers.org

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I have sent you a private message.

Charis have given you some excellent resources.
Jody from Fallen Feathers is a wonderful gal and should probably still be awake. PLEASE give her a call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please take the bird here. The bird won't survive without them and ceratinly not for 4 days.

Fallen Feathers
Jody Kieran
Peoria, Arizona
623-533-2348
www.fallenfeathers.org

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
OK...I hear what you are saying, now, I'm going to ask you this...do you want this bird to live? We have provided the resources and it's in your hands now. If you are not willing to that action, the bird will die. What are you going to do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK...I hear what you are saying, now, I'm going to ask you this...do you want this bird to live? We have provided the resources and it's in your hands now. If you are not willing to that action, the bird will die. What are you going to do?
Yes I do I know a vet around here and I will give her a call tomarrow

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
I'm quite concerned about the bird and also a bit confused about who is actually posting in this thread. It appears that the initial posts were made by youngsters but it now seems that we're dealing with an adult .. what goes here people?

Let's please get this bird some help. Many resources for that help have been posted here, and unless you know that your vet knows how to treat pigeons, I suggest you pick one of the options given to you here.

Also, if you are the Mom or Dad now picking up on this thread for your kid or kids, please give us a break and let us know. The well being of any bird or animal is of utmost importance to us here on this list. I think you all are messin' with us a bit about now.

Terry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm quite concerned about the bird and also a bit confused about who is actually posting in this thread. It appears that the initial posts were made by youngsters but it now seems that we're dealing with an adult .. what goes here people?

Let's please get this bird some help. Many resources for that help have been posted here, and unless you know that your vet knows how to treat pigeons, I suggest you pick one of the options given to you here.

Also, if you are the Mom or Dad now picking up on this thread for your kid or kids, please give us a break and let us know. The well being of any bird or animal is of utmost importance to us here on this list. I think you all are messin' with us a bit about now.

Terry
Someone has said to give them a call and I will do that.Weird the place iam going to is called Forest lakes almost like lake forest...

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Someone has said to give them a call and I will do that.Weird the place iam going to is called Forest lakes almost like lake forest...
Thank you for getting the bird some help, but are we talking to an adult here or a child?

You also have AZWhitefeather's # .. please give her a call if you need some assistance.

Terry

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts