Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have found a pidgeon in southwestern ontario with 2 bands - one red with "GNEO - Aug 2007 - 804, and one green with "17".
It is dark grey with irredecent green neck and red feet.
Any info. on possible ownership and/ or handling instructions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Have found a pidgeon in southwestern ontario with 2 bands - one red with "GNEO - Aug 2007 - 804, and one green with "17".
It is dark grey with irredecent green neck and red feet.
Any info. on possible ownership and/ or handling instructions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
Is that everything that is on the band? Does the band say "Aug" or "AU"....we need EXACT info from the band.
If the bird is captured, you can put it in a cat/dog carrier, clothes basket upside down, cardboard box with a screen on top.......anything big enough that will keep the bird confined. Offer seeds, (wild bird seed would do) and a small dish of water.

·
Registered
499 Posts
my experience with pigeon racing is rather mixed,,i had a very bad experience with a racer//found a racing pigeon-some years ago,,while working my job/.could not catch the elusive critter/,got close enough with binoculars to read the leg band/.actually located the racing club/owner,(40 miles away).and informed this person,,location,description,of the pigeon,,and most of all,, i could not protect him,//the next day came/he did not/never showed up//resulting in the little guys death by hawk//gee- this sure sounds like some sport,,the bird is always the loser...sincerely james waller

1 - 4 of 4 Posts