Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for rescuing the bird.

The bird has no owner as it a victim of a business deal gone bad. Please see the AGSG forum for more information.

Do you know anyone who keeps pigeons?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Found a pigeon with the band number AGSG 06 280369, please contact me at [email protected] if you are the owner. I'm located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

- Bob
Please read this:

http://www.macleans.ca/business/markets/article.jsp?content=20080625_59948_59948

The bottom line is, no one owns this bird and if they do, there's no way to trace the band. The orginal owner, whoever that might have been either turned the bird loose or gave it to someone who has in turn, turned it loose or let it escape.
Is the bird injured in any way? Have you captured it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I have read the article you suggested, I don't know anyone who keeps pigeons. The bird is not injured, he's very friendly and visits my backyard a few times a day, I have been feeding him and providing water.

I haven't captured him but he did land on my arm when I called him, he also eats out of my hand, I am concerned that he could be attacked by cats or other animals.

Any suggestinons about what to do with him? I don't intend on keeping him as a pet but I would like to find a home for him.

Bob

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies. I have read the article you suggested, I don't know anyone who keeps pigeons. The bird is not injured, he's very friendly and visits my backyard a few times a day, I have been feeding him and providing water.

I haven't captured him but he did land on my arm when I called him, he also eats out of my hand, I am concerned that he could be attacked by cats or other animals.

Any suggestinons about what to do with him? I don't intend on keeping him as a pet but I would like to find a home for him.

Bob

I think we've got some members in Canada.....we'll see if they come on and can offer any help or advice.........
Where is he roosting? Do you know? It may be that the bird has been out on it's own for a while.......really hard to say or know for sure, but it just might be that if you continue to provide food and water, he can continue to live as he's been living for however long that is...........that sounds harsh, but I'm not going to suggest that you catch the bird when I don't have an answer as to what to do with it after you catch it, except to keep it. If you were in the US, then someone would take the bird I'm sure.......
For now, that's all the advice I can offer. It's very impractical to even think about getting the bird transported to the US from Canada........
Wish I could be of more help..........please continue to check back on this thread.....maybe someone can come up with some ideas.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
You MIGHT try contacting the Canadian Racing Pigeon Union.....http://www.canadianracingpigeonunion.com/
I have my doubts that they would be of any help, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.....most of those people have racing pigeons and probably wouldn't be bothered with this stray, but on the other hand, I'm sure they are well aware of the situation with these birds, so maybe someone would have a sympathetic ear.................I don't know..........you could try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts