Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a pigeon Fresno, CA band has Lee 2009 215 on it

Hi All,

A pigeon just approached me while working outside. I would like to find its home, since I have no way to care for it, and a couple of dogs. It may be hurt in the neck area. No bleeding that I can see, but the feathers appear abnormal there. He has 2 bands, a solid yellow band and a blue one. The blue one has LEE 2009 on it, thats it.

If you have any idea on how to find the owner, please let me know ASAP. Picture should be attached

Thank you,
Ryan

I currently have him in a box, and have provided him water.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, the band also has the numbers 215 on it.

So total, the blue band has LEE 2009 and 215 on the opposite side of the band.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Thanks for helping him! :) Looks like a roller. Unfortunately, unless someone knows that kind of band, it isn't traceable. Sounds like a personalized band, not something from a club, which would make it easier to track down. For example, the big pigeon organizations - IF, AU, NPA, or for rollers like this guy, NBRC - as well as another well known band - IPB - can be traced through the org's websites. Little lesser known clubs that aren't affiliated with the bigger associations are much harder to track down. And almost impossible if they don't have a website! But like I said, this sounds like a personalized band, in which it isn't going to be any easier :( If people are going to put hard-to-trace bands on their birds, they should at least get some phone#/address bands to put on them too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally agree! If I had a phone #, this would be EASY! I contacted AU, they said the same thing you did. I put an add on craigslist too. Hopefully the owner looks for the bird a little.

·
Guardian Angel
585 Posts
Hey Ryan, this is a long shot but worth a try since you can't keep the bird. I did some searching and I found a roller breeder called fou lee in Fresno. Since this bird is a roller it's probably from around the area. I cannot find a contact info for him but there is another roller breeder in Fresno called Xiong Yang. His phone number is 5593494923. Should give him a call and check if he can help at all. Thank you for taking this bird in when he/she needed it :). Please let us know any updates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Good news, thank you Robert for the info. The person that you had the phone number for is my mail man. He is coming to get the pigeon tonight. He is not sure who Lee is, but he sounds very knowledgable and actually saw the bird while delivering my mail today, he didn't want to try to catch it while on duty though incase someone called it in as suspicious. Thank you for the info, he may not be going to his proper home, but it sounds like a good home, at least better than I can provide.
Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts