Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here. We recently found a pigeon with taped wings. Noticed it when we were having coffee at our 19th floor balcony... It kept walking towards us, following us around. Now it's just asleep.

We were wondering whether or not we should take off the tape so it can be free or fly as it pleases? We aren't really sure. Help pls, thank you

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi, new here. We recently found a pigeon with taped wings. Noticed it when we were having coffee at our 19th floor balcony... It kept walking towards us, following us around. Now it's just asleep.

We were wondering whether or not we should take off the tape so it can be free or fly as it pleases? We aren't really sure. Help pls, thank you
Awww poor baby are you able to see if it's OK or injured

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Does he have any rings on? The person that taped the wings must be closeby. Surely the owner of a pigeon won't do that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awww poor baby are you able to see if it's OK or injured
Please help me with my i
Does he have any rings on? The person that taped the wings must be closeby. Surely the owner of a pigeon won't do that?
Please help me with my query i have typed on my account my pigeon disappeared today and not coming back iam soo sad 🙏🙏💔💔💔💔🙏🙏

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awww what happened? hope he will be back. The first 2 I had in May came around daily then i saw the one I'm most attached too in November on the 9th then in December he came back with his mate well the one bird he was with i swear it was his mate I never had a chance to see his markings. I miss mine sooo much
Don't know what happened its soo sad I guess she will never come back 😔 I miss her

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awww what happened? hope he will be back. The first 2 I had in May came around daily then i saw the one I'm most attached too in November on the 9th then in December he came back with his mate well the one bird he was with i swear it was his mate I never had a chance to see his markings. I miss mine sooo much
See my other post I have uploaded images of my pigeon please its a request I am really missing her 😔 💔 😞 please help me

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

Hi, welcome to PT and thanks for helping him.

Could you please post a pic of the bird?

What do you mean about taped wings? Do you think that somebody fixed an injured wing or put a bandage on a wound? Does it look like a bandaging tape?

Or do you think about a stupid and cruel "joke" (well, I know, joke is not the good word...) ? Unfortunately that happened even in Italy. Here you can see some pics of a pigeon with taped wings (you could compare them with your bird):

Fortunately the pigeon was rescued by volunteers of Enpa, an Italian animal association.

Or maybe a pigeon owner taped his wings to avoid him to fly ?? There are people who also clip the wing feathers. Does the bird have a ring?

Leave him available a bowl filled with a pigeon/dove mixture. You could also add dried legumes (mung beans, small lentils and split peas), the ones for humans. How are his poops? Could you please post a pic?
Is he drinking? You could dip his beak (not over the nostrils) into a small water bowl, this way he will understand that the bowl contains water.

When I rescue a new bird I also always check his mouth/throat with a flashlight. Pay attention to any whitish or yellowish growths and to any bad smell.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, welcome to PT and thanks for helping him.

Could you please post a pic of the bird?

What do you mean about taped wings? Do you think that somebody fixed an injured wing or put a bandage on a wound? Does it look like a bandaging tape?

Or do you think about a stupid and cruel "joke" (well, I know, joke is not the good word...) ? Unfortunately that happened even in Italy. Here you can see some pics of a pigeon with taped wings (you could compare them with your bird):

Fortunately the pigeon was rescued by volunteers of Enpa, an Italian animal association.

Or maybe a pigeon owner taped his wings to avoid him to fly ?? There are people who also clip the wing feathers. Does the bird have a ring?

Leave him available a bowl filled with a pigeon/dove mixture. You could also add dried legumes (mung beans, small lentils and split peas), the ones for humans. How are his poops? Could you please post a pic?
Is he drinking? You could dip his beak (not over the nostrils) into a small water bowl, this way he will understand that the bowl contains water.

When I rescue a new bird I also always check his mouth/throat with a flashlight. Pay attention to any whitish or yellowish growths and to any bad smell.

Keep us updated.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏See my other post of conversation please I have uploaded images of my pigeon please see it its a request my pigeon disappeared from tomorrow morning I am really missing her 😔 💔 😞 please help me.🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
21 Posts
How's the bird doing?
🙏🙏🙏🙏See my other post of conversation please I have uploaded images of my pigeon please see it its a request my pigeon disappeared from tomorrow morning I am really missing her 😔 💔 😞 please help me.🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏See my other post of conversation please I have uploaded images of my pigeon please see it its a request my pigeon disappeared from tomorrow morning I am really missing her 😔 💔 😞 please help me.🙏🙏🙏🙏
Hi, have you started your own thread (if yes, I can't find it)? If not, please start it and explained what happened and what is wrong in a detailed way.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, have you started your own thread (if yes, I can't find it)? If not, please start it and explained what happened and what is wrong in a detailed way.
Thanks
Hello thankyou so much for the reply I have tagged you in my conversation please see it. Your name is showing as a conversation participant 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 I don't know how to use this app properly so if you still can't find anything then I will try again. Please do reply 🙏

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks
Hey I got it how to post a thread I have posted it please reply 🙏🙏🙏🙏 God bless u

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi everyone, I appreciate your replies. We have a clean bowl of water for it and we feed it too. We're still trying to get it to trust us so we can hold it and take the tape off. We think the tape's there so it can't fly away, just not sure how it ended up on our balcony because we live in the 19th floor.

It's alert and apparently has no injuries. It drinks and eats well too

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wait till night with low light or not any. Then he will not try to fly. You will be able to walk up to where he is and pick him up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi everyone, I appreciate your replies. We have a clean bowl of water for it and we feed it too. We're still trying to get it to trust us so we can hold it and take the tape off. We think the tape's there so it can't fly away, just not sure how it ended up on our balcony because we live in the 19th floor.

It's alert and apparently has no injuries. It drinks and eats well too View attachment 96821
Awww beautiful bird sweet baby

1 - 20 of 22 Posts