Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's resting in the garage and has been eating. I guess it's been about 24 hours. I found the supposed owner using the band info but so far haven't rec'd a call back. Is there any way to find the affiliated racing club? Also, should I try to release him and if not, how can I go about adopting him out? Sorry for all of the questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way I'm in Orange Country, CA.

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have found after catching pigeons most owners won't call back nor do they want the pigeon back. I drove 2 hours to columbia md and picked up a bird that I sold and it had my band on it. wecome home little fella....:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TAWhatley: thank you so much for your response. So far I've left a message and tried to call again with no luck. I'm actually going to be gone for the day today and most of tomorrow. I'll try the owner again today before I leave and will update either later or tomorrow a.m. Again, thank you for responding so quickly. I just want to do the best for this little guy!

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
TAWhatley: thank you so much for your response. So far I've left a message and tried to call again with no luck. I'm actually going to be gone for the day today and most of tomorrow. I'll try the owner again today before I leave and will update either later or tomorrow a.m. Again, thank you for responding so quickly. I just want to do the best for this little guy!
Sounds good .. will wait to hear back from you.

Terry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Teri,
I can't begin to thank you enough, first of all. My husband couldn't stop talking about your kindness all the way home. Here's my info, please let me know how the bird is doing okay? We think you're the best!

714-305-8203 - Dana
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Dana and all ..

First to you, Dana and your husband .. THANK YOU!

This is a racing pigeon that is close to being emaciated and truly needs some help. We started that help tonight and will post an update tomorrow. There are slight signs of canker way back and way down the throat, but I think this is going to be mostly an emaciation case.

Thank you so very much for bringing the bird and making such a nice donation. I really cannot tell you how much I appreciate both!

Terry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts