Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a white pigeon that may have been part of a recent "white dove" release. Found him in Hobe Sound, FL. Band # PP 08 29089.
No noticeable injuries but can't fly.
Would love to return him to his owner.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have never seen a band with that info before. It must be a personal band. How far are you from Ocala, FL? I would be willing to take the bird in if you can not find the owner. ~Brian

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Found a white pigeon that may have been part of a recent "white dove" release. Found him in Hobe Sound, FL. Band # PP 08 29089.
No noticeable injuries but can't fly.
Would love to return him to his owner.
someone will be along soon to help you with this...I should know how to look up the info by now, but I don't do it enough. so please check back, someone will help you.....we have a few members in fla also....

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
This is a Utility King presumably. The bands are not traceable. We had loads of the PP bands on 911 Pigeon Alert and had zero success in tracing them. It's possible that the band is a Palmetto Pigeon Plant band, but it's untraceable nonetheless.

If the bird needs a home, please get in touch with Brian (Timber) since he has offered a home for the bird.

If this is a Utility King, then it was never intended to be a strong flyer and simply doesn't have the ability due to the large/heavy body and relatively small wing structure.

Terry

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Most likely as Terry mentioned, this is a King pigeon.
We had many of them found over the years. I have three of them and we were never able to trace back where they came from.
He could be starved or injured and unable to fly.

Thank you for offering to take the bird Timber.

Reti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts