Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peripheral Input device Laptop Computer keyboard Plastic bag

Found IT in the Middle of the Garden and the nearest treet is 2 Stories high ! and in the next garden so not 100% sure how IT got here.
I cant leave it there as the CATs will get it
SO Far put IT in cardboard box with Wool package (YES the photo has a Plastic Box with Tissues while i went to find a box)
Put a Small Pie Dish of water in there but this Looks like a Pigeon to me and looks a BIT to young to be even trying to Fly as yet

I am trying to read all these sites about it (NOTE i am Dyslexic so the NAFF thing is i Scan read)
I did read on another site
"Prepare an electrolyte solution: Warm a cup of water, add a pinch of salt and sugar, and stir to dissolve. When the water is lukewarm, pour it into a deep cup, and offer it to the bird. Pigeons drink water by sucking, using their beaks as a straw."
Pethelpful Common Pigeon Injuries and How To Help Our Feathered Friends

got some Mealworm from the Hedgehog Feed (Currently its 21:36 [9:37pm]) and i have work in the morning

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Open-beak breathing could mean the bird is too hot and trying to cool down. Or has an obstructed airway, possibly due to canker. Or it could indicate a ruptured air sac that is making it difficult for the bird to breathe. If the temperature in your location is at or over 90 degrees Fahrenheit, don't provide additional heat for the bird. If it isn't that warm, and if the bird's chest is consistently inflated, then it is probably a ruptured air sac allowing air to escape inside the bird's skin, which is then difficult to expel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from work and check in, IT did seem to be eating some food.
Sadly when I got home fly's where walking all over IT and was cold. Took it outside and about to bush the black thing on ITs eye just to find it was a fly .

He had died,.I guess the fall was a bit too much. Àll I can hope ITs last night was ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts