Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an egg in a cupboard in by building. I am fairly sure it was taken care of by the parents but it was either take it or the janitor would have to dump it in a garbage can (Rules). I'm no expert, but i put it in a warm piece of cloth and in a small bowl more or less resembling a nest. But i don't know what to do now. By what the janitor says the egg was there for 1 day, then he took it out and left it alone for about 4 hours. Now what do i do? Is the egg dead or should i try to hatch it.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I found an egg in a cupboard in by building. I am fairly sure it was taken care of by the parents but it was either take it or the janitor would have to dump it in a garbage can (Rules). I'm no expert, but i put it in a warm piece of cloth and in a small bowl more or less resembling a nest. But i don't know what to do now. By what the janitor says the egg was there for 1 day, then he took it out and left it alone for about 4 hours. Now what do i do? Is the egg dead or should i try to hatch it.
You should just throw the egg out. There's no way to tell if it's any good if it's just one day old. You can't move it because the parents will reject it and you really don't want to hatch a baby pigeon. They need their parents after they hatch. The most humane thing you can do is throw the egg away. We appreciate you caring about it, but this really is the best solution. There's also a pretty good chance that Mom will come back and lay another egg. They lay two eggs, 1 day apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts