Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found another injured Pigeon (that makes 3 in about a years time) - I'm in Las Vegas. This one looks pretty young as its fairly small compared to the other 2 I rescued. This little one is limping. I am not sure why, he seems alert but limps so I put him in my bathtub with a water dish and some bird food.

Does anyone know someone in Las Vegas who could pick him up or help? I know of a vet that will take Pigeons but I don't have a car to bring him there so I'm in a bind.

Any assistance would be very helpful as I'm not sure what to do with this little guy and I have two cats so I have to keep him away from them.

He has been standing on one leg and is a bit fiesty..keeps trying to hop out of the bath tub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Happy ending to the story - Phil from here in LV came and picked up the little birdie. Hopefully he recovers from whatever is wrong with him. I'm thankful this forum exists to allow good things like this to happen. And thanks again to Phil! ;)

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
Whew! By the time I got home, even running the Car's AC at a good clip, poor littlew Pigeon looked like Death's Door...

Not sure what is up with them, very weak and underweight in general...one Leg too weak to stand on, but the other Leg able to support them if waveringly...

They were pooping enough to show they had eaten something anyway...

So, tubed in some Meds and thin formula...and, couple hours later, little one is looking a lot better, and, was 'squeaking' for more.

Eyes indicate they are an adult, so, guess they really appreciated the gesture!

Gave them some tepid Electrolytes and they drank Like-a-Horse, and, now to do another round of Formula and on from there.

Lovely little Pigeon, probably a Hen...comfortable in their fresh observation Cage, and feeling welcome and understood.

Good going BigRedCat..!

I do not think this one would have made it another day if you had not scooped them up, and brought them home and gotten ahold of me.

Phil
L v

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
Day Two now, and little Hen appears very comfortable, resting in a laying down position and alert, bright eyes, and interested in her surrounds.

She appears very happy and receptive to my attentions and feedings and has no anxiety or worries about any of it...so, I am very happy about all that.

Just doing meds and Tube Feedings off and on, adding Canker meds today, since the over night poops/urates started showing 'yellow' Urates like flat paint.

Her little Beak is all 'nibbles' and 'nuzzles' when I am holding her, with her asking to be fed...so charming and tender...'squeaking' too, even though she is an Adult...they revert sometimes.

Keeping her well hydrated and well fed, so, that and the various Meds...and, we'll see from here.

She lightly stands on the Weak Leg now when drinking, so, that's good to see...

Phil
L v

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
Great outcome, well done Phil.
Hope for the best now, they are in good hands at least,

Janet

Thanks Janet!

She is such a charming little Hen...and it is so nice that she understands and appreciates the interventions and help and is happy and receptive with it.

Fingers Crossed..! She has quite a ways to go yet, but so-far, so good...

Phil
L v

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.