Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, so my little voice told me to go into my ally and sure enough i see my kitten carrying a baby dove, so of course being the animal lover I am I take the baby dove from my cat wash up the few wounds, luckily none to severe, give him a bath get all the mites off of him/her, he/she can not fly, I fed him/her earth worms all pretty small in size gave him/her some water. this is him/her. she/he flaps her wings like shes gonna fly so i pick her up and gently toss her (onto a soft surface ofc) and sure enough she flies a bit, and now she is exhausted from her hard work now she is asleep in my hand.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
He will need antibiotics as cat saliva is deadly for birds. He will get an infection and die. Can you get hold of an amoxycillin based antibiotics like Betamox or Synulox?

They are seedeaters. Please don't feed him earthworms. Put down small seeds for him. If he is not eating, you can handfeed green defrosted peas. Defrost in warm water and put one at a time deep inside the beak over the tongue for him to swallow. Feed 90 peas divided into 3 meals of 30 each.

To be honest, he is not looking well. Probably still jn shock. Don't throw him into the air, he might get injured even further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts