Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks no less than 5 days ago i found a pigeon with rings on we managed to catch him gave him some food and water and a safe place to spend the night all be it,it was a cat transporter box but in a pinch it worked fine we traced his owner and sure enough he came and picked him up.

yesterday i spotted another ringed bird hanging around our garden i thought nothing of it as he appeared in good health and looked like he was resting he flew away and i thought that was the end of it but its not he came back an hour or so later and never left again he is outside on the fence right now so i can only assume he is lost he dose have rings on although i cant see the numbers i do know the ring has NEHU on it north east homing union (England uk) he has flown a long way as im in central scotland the thing is he will let me get within 2 feet of him anything closer and he flys away what do you think the best thing to do is ?

its the worst of two evils i dont want to stress him out and scare him off by trying to catch him yet i dont want to leave him since he's a sitting duck for attack by cat/dog/kids ect

i did try some seed in a can and stood in my shed like a right daft looking numpty trying to lure him into the shed in the hopes he would mistake it for his coop and i would then be able to catch him and trace his owner but he out smarted me.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
i did try some seed in a can and stood in my shed like a right daft looking numpty trying to lure him into the shed in the hopes he would mistake it for his coop and i would then be able to catch him and trace his owner but he out smarted me.....:rolleyes:
lol, try a small trail of food right into the shed, with more inside & he may just follow it, then you can close the door.
They are very smart lol.
Where about in Central Scotland are you ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi quazar im in fife :)

he went away last night around 6pm didnt return but he has been sat up on the house over the road and has not moved an inch since around 7am today :( i have put the new trap i made down with some food hopefully i can catch him before something happens to the little fella

1 - 3 of 3 Posts