Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, a baby pigeon fell off from it's nest at the top of my house and now has a broken leg and cannot get back to its mom and siblings. What should I do? I want to help the pigeons leg heal, but I don't want to take it away from its mother, who visits it a couple times a day. For now I've put it in a box with food and water. I live in the Fort Collins, Colorado.
Any help on how I can help this baby pigeon?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Can we see a picture of the baby?
I did send a message to one of our members that used to live in Colorado. She may know of a rehabber.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Hi HBanana and welcome to Pigeon-Talk! Thank you for caring for this little injured pigeon. It may not be old enough to know how to eat on its own. If that is the case, you will need to learn to feed it. That broken leg needs to be set by a vet or an experienced wildlife rehabilitator and then have time to heal properly.

Can you post a picture or two so we can get a better idea of the age of the bird?

You might want to contact the Larimer Humane Society and see if they can assist you with the pigeon or refer you to someone who can help: http://www.larimerhumane.org/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,19/

Terry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the quick response! His mom has a nest nearby and she came and fed the baby (it took about an hour-we watched from inside) and now he's asleep so we put his box in the garage for the night. I'll take pictures tomorrow morning of him and his leg and post them

thanks,
Hana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts