Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone new member here
i was working on my lawn yesterday and i saw a baby pigeon on the ground picked it up. them a few hours later another baby was on the ground i keep both of them but can anyone help out!
what do i feed them i have them both in a cardboard box when the sun comes out i take them outside and keep a eye on them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
they probably just tried to fly for the first time, and fell out of the nest. you should put them back outside quickly! the parents can, and will still feed them on the grownd! Even if you have touched them. make sure cats and dogs are not around. If you decide to raise them, they will NOT be able to be relesed back into the wild! They will grow up thinking they are also humans! you will be stuck with them! If the parents don't come back, let us know.
good luck, thanks for helping these birds!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have a dog so thats the reason i keep them in the box..and after reading some post i have some seeds becasue i have 3 bird feeders so im just grinding up some seends and plan on giving them food

·
Registered
508 Posts
could you post some pictures?

·
Registered
508 Posts
wait! If they are still young, they still need their parents to feed them "pigeon milk" from their crops! Are they pigeons or mourning doves?

·
Registered
508 Posts
If they can eat seed, and they can fly, they will be ok outside. mabe keep your dog inside and see what the young birds do out side if they do eat seed.

·
Registered
508 Posts
NO NO never mind! they are way to young to be left alone!

·
Registered
508 Posts
look outside near the place you found them, look up, and see if you can find a nest.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It will be on a ledge not likely to be in a tree.

·
Registered
508 Posts
forget about puting them outside they are to young and need to be in the neast in order to be cared for by the parents. also you will need to buy some hand feeding baby bird formula from a pet store. they cannot survive on crushed seed. they need formula!
you may be able to find a rehabilitater in your area who can raise your birds, or better yet get some foster parents for it so that it wont imprint on humans.

·
Registered
508 Posts
stay put there are alot of experianced rehabers on this site. I'll try to find some for you!

·
Registered
508 Posts
man they are tiny squabs! I wonder how they got there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have no idea i tried to look for the nest but i cant see anything..yea they are young
im in california city bell gardens

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Can you let us know your location?

Have they got their eyes open yet? They will need to be fed baby bird formula like Kaytee Exact...don't try squirting anything into their mouths.

Cynthia

·
Registered
508 Posts
he already posted that info.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's days old thats for sure! Feefo, can you tell if it is a pigeon or mourning dove?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts