Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - a pigeon with a silver band on its leg has fallen in love with my garage, so I'd like to try and help him/her get home. The band has phone number (813) 468-8336, but the number is out of service. The pigeon seems to be healthy and uninjured, so I've given it water and secured it in a box. The band also has what looks to be the words "jailer" and then something I can't read, so doesn't look like the typical pigeon club designations. Can anyone assist me with what to do next? I'm in Clearwater, Florida. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yes can you get to a store and buy him some pigeon or dove mix. He needs to eat. Can you post a pic, see what breed it is. If a nice racer or roller maybe someone on here will take him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response - I ran to the store but nothing is open this late with a pigeon or dove mix. I gave him a bit of dried barley, brown rice, and split peas to tide him over until tomorrow. I took a picture and will post once I figure out how.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I was just gonna say show homer or thief pouter as the beak is short like the two I have. Cool. Glad someone is willing to take it. My pouters crops look bigger tho, but beak the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.