Pigeon-Talk banner

Found bird AU2012 MPC 2013

Tags
found bird
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Skyeking 
#1 ·
Nice healthy bird followed my young birds into my loft looking for owner. I contacted the Minneapolis secretary but have not heard back yet. My loft is 1 hour North of Detroit, Michigan.

#8 ·
owner found for lost bird

The Minneapolis Club secretary contacted me last night and the bird was being flown out of a loft 30 miles South of my loft. It was being trained for a Great Lakes race. I dropped it off at the handlers loft this AM. This is the second bird that I returned in the last 2 weeks. Any idea why I am getting birds returning with my birds? Is this common? I have loft flown my birds for 8 years and this is the first time for me. My young bird group I am training now is small only 6 and they are up to 40 miles.

#9 ·
The Minneapolis Club secretary contacted me last night and the bird was being flown out of a loft 30 miles South of my loft. It was being trained for a Great Lakes race. I dropped it off at the handlers loft this AM. This is the second bird that I returned in the last 2 weeks. Any idea why I am getting birds returning with my birds? Is this common? I have loft flown my birds for 8 years and this is the first time for me. My young bird group I am training now is small only 6 and they are up to 40 miles.
It does happen from time to time, they will sometimes draw to another group if they pass by each other close enough or are lost due to weather or unforseen issue.

Thank you for your kindness in returning them to their handlers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.