Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a bird in Upper Montgomery County Maryland. He's thin, he was standing in the middle of the highway and he ate like crazy. Rehabber wont take due to the 2 bands he has on his feet and SPCA says he's healthy release him. He wouldn't fly for me, but he's wings are uninjured.

He's a gray rock dove, orange band and blue band.

I don't know what to do with him, he's in a cage eating, can I meet someone for this fella?

My email

[email protected] or phone is 3014280562

Please help!!!

Kelsie

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for helping this needy bird.

Do not release the bird, chances are he will get lost again/or is still sick. If he won't fly it is because he is weak and starved. Check his keel/breast bone, if it is sharp he is starved. He will need to be rehabbed for a week or two. The bird is totally dependent on you, it is used to being fed and safely housed.

Please copy the complete band number including letters and post and we will help try to locate the owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't read his band numbers and he's very thin. I have parrots (which is why I need him out of her ASAP, just in case he's sick) I can't read his bands. I can try with the orange one. But that means I must stress him again. I will check his orange band.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry for not elaberating earlier here, but I thought that I mentioned earlier that if the owner can not be found, or if the owner does not want the bird back, then I will give it a good home. I emailed kelsie65 & explained that to them. Sorry again, if I did not mention that earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.