Pigeon-Talk banner

Found Bird in Southern California

Tags
found bird
888 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  spi13 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

We found an adult pigeon on the side of our house. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it's been in the same spot for at least 2 hours (maybe longer). It will not come out from the nook underneath a sawhorse that we have leaning against a wall. It may have been attacked by the dogs next door. I haven't gotten too close but it does not appear to be terribly injured. We're just concerned that perhaps its wing is damaged or something.

We're not sure what to do. If anyone is in the Long Beach/North Orange County area and can come get the bird, we would greatly appreciate it as we don't know how to care for it.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Thanks for your concern for this little guy. For right now, do you think you could get a towel and catch him, and bring him inside for now so he does not get himself into any further difficulties (a small cardboard box, lined with newspaper will do for a please to keep him). We can then both help you get him stabilized and also find you some local help for him. Please let us know when you have him.

Good luck,

Karyn

#3 ·
I agree...you need to secure him ASAP. Sounds like it will not be too hard since he/she is in a partially enclosed space...but do be quick because sometimes they will surprise you with their evasive abilities.

If attacked by something, you need to bring the Pigeon in very soon, w/i 24 hours of the attack.

...we have many SoCal members who may be able to help...but first you need to get her/him inside. Thanks for caring !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.