Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
standing on my grandmothers porch talking and her comes a bronw pigen and it landed on me its missing some chest feathers and flew vary little it has a blue tag on its right leg which i didnt see anything on and one on its let which had ccrc 2010 404 i live in whitemarsh maryland and would love to ind the owner any help would be great thank you

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Hello and thanks for helping !

It could be a Racing club ("RC").

It could also be a Rollers club ("RC")

There is a racing club in MD that uses those letters: CAPITAL CITY RPC LAUREL 301-725-3546

http://www.speedpigeon.com/racing_pigeon_clubs.htm

...there is a Rollers Club also, but it's in CA (possible the Pigeon was sold from CA, I suppose). I found this archived chat:

http://www.roller-pigeon.com/board/board_topic/859782/188044.htm

Very important: is the Pigeon injured (i.e. scabs, cuts, scrapes, lesions, etc.) ? Can you post a photo ? He/she is very young (hence 2010 on the band). Besides finding owner, we need to figure out if it is hurt, asap.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Pretty bird...I suggest keeping him inside for now (away from the Labs, too ;) ) because although he/she is probably weak I am guessing he is still capable of flying...so being outside allows the chance of being spooked and taking off.

Get some food and keep him/her in a quiet room, maybe with a view to outside....keep us posted on whether any of those possible numbers lead to anything.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I hopefully will find the owner makes me want some of my own I need to go to the store tomorrow for food for the little guy
Thank you for caring for this little guy :)
I wish more people thought like you.......once a pigeon fly's into your life, they have a remarkable way of changing your opinion about them. Their incredibly sweet, intelligent birds! Thank you again for taking care of him and welcome to PT ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.