Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can help, I found a feral pigeon with an injured wing and brought it inside. So far we have him in a box with a bowl of water, all we have are black oil sunflower seeds but we’re getting him wild bird seed asap… I’m located in Bakersfield, California… Facebook is currently down so we can’t contact any rescues quite yet… can anyone help?
Plant Plant community Grass Groundcover Shrub

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
There are rescues near Bakersfield, if you Google. I do not know anything about them. Would ask questions, make sure they rescue and dont just euthanize pigeons. Our beloved Phoebe was a feral with a broken wing and was nearly decapitated but healed,with a little vet help.
Palomacy lists this: Californa Living Museum. When Facebook is back up, pls check out thePalomacy help group. Thank you for helping the pigeon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
iv seen this in a rescue mourning dove, this can be swelling or paratyphiod, paratypoid causes swelling at legs commonly and other joints, this is a disease you might want checked out by a vet 1st, if you cant get a vet, you can buy medication online for 20-40 dollars, if its swelling, there could also be a injurie, maybe an infected wound, broken/fractured wing, or anything like that which can be solved by a heating pad, and limited movement by adding water and food near for less effort, I wish that my post helped and the bird makes a recovery :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts