Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Found blk racing homer with band agsg 07 520898 nice bird looks good, i have her with my race teem.
Can you keep the bird? These birds with the AGSG bands are abandoned birds. They were either killed or turned loose to fend for themselves. There is no owner.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Pigeon Talk,

Thank you for rescuing this needy bird. What a smart bird to be able to find itself such a wonderful home, hope you don't mind keeping her/him....

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a racing homer, and has a home for as long as she stays. she flies with my birds and comes in when i call them. She was a bit thin when she first came, looks great now. : )

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
WELCOME Pete. You are a good person. It is wonderful to see a fellow Nebraskan with an appreciation for pigeons. :)

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go huskers, I'll try to put a picture up this weekend. I'm not real good with a PC it may take some time.
Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This bird came to me back in Nov. 2008, I put him by himself for 2 wks. When i found him he was a bit lean, i put him on a high fat diet. After 14 days of isolation he looked great, my birds still look good. what should i have done?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry that was a bit missleading. I found him Nov 5 2008 and found this site Nov 13. If not for that bird i wouldn't have found this site. That would be a bummer, this is a great place to talk birds and any thing else. : )

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yup, that's a homer, and a good looking one too. I love the black birds. You have a really nice loft there. I'm glad you joined our group here, Pete. That bird found a really good home, and you have a really nice bird for your team. That is a win/win situation if I ever heard of one. S/he should give you some nice youngsters as well.

Margaret

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, Margaret
I'm really glad i found this group. I can't tell a distance bird from a sprinter, so i plan on puting him with 1 of each. I have a yellow Trenton hen for his first mate, that should be quite the match.
Thanks, Dave

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hi Dave,

What a handsome bird, and sounds like he is going to have a wonderful future.

Thank you for giving this bird a wonderful home and for the update.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts