Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found an injured pigeon last night (9/26/2020) in Concord, CA. S/He looks like s/he got attacked by maybe a cat? S/He has a green band on. We caught her/him and have kept her/him safe all night but I don't know what to do next. I'm hoping to find somewhere we can drop her/him off. (We have cats and a dog, so we may not have the best healing environment. Also, I'd like to get this bird home, but I don't know if s/he okay enough to fly home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, we have moved the pigeon into a bigger cage, since s/he seems to be alright this morning. I just put in some water and corn and I'm keeping an eye on him/her. There's a small injury on the neck and on the wing, but everything has clotting alright. (We had a chicken get attacked a few years who turned out completely fine and she was in much worse condition than this pigeon.) My mom is currently calling Palomacy, I think, to get information on local pigeon people who might have lost a pigeon now that we have the band info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, we have talked to someone from Palomacy. We are going to take him/her to be looked at, and to get some meds. And it looks like we will be fostering a pigeon until s/he gets better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts