Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an injured pigeon, yesterday, fully grown, but apparently unable to move. I have taken it home and tried to keep it in a warm, calm environment, and have given it water and a few grain products (as per a set of instructions I found online). I don't believe that either of the pigeon's wings are broken and its plumage appears largely intact. I believe that the issue may be in its legs or feet, being as the pigeon does not use them, however I don't how to diagnose or treat any veterinary pathology, but do not want to abandon the animal to the devices of the city in which I live. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Could you post a picture? Could be you have found a young Pigeon that doesn't know how to eat on it's own yet. It's hard for folk to tell unless they know Pigeons as young ones look similar to adults.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am located in Morgantown, WV. I wouldn't be able to post a pic until later tonight, when my wife comes back with the camera. Is there anything I should do in the meantime?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts