Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a friend of pigeons who feeds them daily. Found injured pigeon sitting on front step today. No apparent signs of trauma. We placed in cat carrier with towel, warmed him on the dryer and gave him wild bird seed and unpopped popcorn and of course water. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I live in Redondo Beach, CA.

Thanks,

Karen

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Hi Karen,

Welcome to Pigeon-Talk and thank you for assisting this pigeon. If I can assist you in some way, please let me know. I'm down in South Orange County in Lake Forest and work in Garden Grove three days a week and would be happy to take a look at the bird for you. There really aren't many/any pigeon resources in your area aside from you taking the bird to a vet.

Terry

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Karen,

Welcome to Pigeon-Talk and thank you for assisting this pigeon. If I can assist you in some way, please let me know. I'm down in South Orange County in Lake Forest and work in Garden Grove three days a week and would be happy to take a look at the bird for you. There really aren't many/any pigeon resources in your area aside from you taking the bird to a vet.

Terry
Gos that's so kind of you Terry. I wish I lived next to you! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pigeon went to heaven

Sorry to post sad news, our pigeon who we found on the doorstep passed away in the night. We could find no obvious signs of injury. My little girls think he must have been old and just ready to die. We felt honored that he came right to the front door for help. He did eat some seed, we kept him in a cat carrier on top of the dryer for warmth. Our little friend was flying in heavenly skies by morning.

Thanks for the concern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts