Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an injured pigeon in dublin Ireland northside I was cycling home from a meeting. Wild Pigeon on the side of the road, it was very windy earlier, could have been injured by a car?? It can't fly, it can spread wings, can't see and obvious outer injury. Vet not available until tomorrow morning as its Sunday evening. Looked like back may be injured as drooping down. Have give warm water and sugar/salt dissolved. Offered food, as thought maybe hungry exhausted. In a basket now in warm dark quiet room. Not sure what ease to do? Help appreciated. Could not post emergency forum as said I didn't have access as a new member??? Thanks

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thank you for taking the poor little babe in and although I don't really know what's best to do I would probably do what you're doing and assess him in the morning. Could be exhausted by the shock of whatever's happened to him and the hydrating water may perk him up, along with a dark quiet place out of the cold.
Hope someone else comes along and please let's know what he's like tomorrow. Good luck with him.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts