Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I was walking out of my building today (live in Brickell, Miami) and saw a wild pigeon on the floor. As me and my husband approached him/her we noticed it didn’t fly away, and saw that she (looks like a she to me) was missing many feathers from the body, right wing (long ones) and the tail ones were twisted to one side. I couldn’t leave her there knowing that she can’t fend for herself, fly or get food. Took her home and put it insede a box, gave her water and some brown rice and quinoa seeds (don’t have anything else!). She ate and drank water. I’m afraid she might be injured and we won’t know how to cars for her properly. See some photos below. Any advice??? What should we do??? Any help or advice is much welcomed! Thank you!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Looks like he was attacked by a cat. If the skin is pierced, he will need antibiotics. Cat saliva is deadly to birds. Are you on Facebook? Plse join the Palomacy Help Group for Pigeon and Dove rescue. I'm sure members will know of a rescue centre closeby. Otherwise, an avian vet can supply you with antibiotics and you can treat him yourself at home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts