Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes I will take care that he won't fly away....I Guess he gets stressed when I gave him meds or if tried to put him in cage

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's been 6 days I m giving him medicine, he still can't eat on his own, spins sometimes. Attaching his recent pic please tell if he seems any better? Should I continue with medicines?? He scratches himself too much.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
He does look better. Give the meds for another 4 days. Remember, you are giving the meds for in case he has salmonella. This can cause the same neurological symptoms as paramyxo virus. If there's no improvement on the meds, then he probably has paramyxo. No meds will help for the virus, only supportive care. After 6 weeks, he won't be contageous to other pigeons. But the symptoms might continue for the rest of his live, or there will be an improvement. He might never be able to have a normal life again. Are you giving him vitamins, esp Vit B?

He probably has lice, that's why he is scratching so much. Can you get carbadust from an agricultural store? If you can, dust him very good and work the powder into his feathers and under the wings. Just cover his head with a cloth when you do this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok thanks for clarifying.I just hope pigeon sart to eat on his own.I haven't given any vitamins to him yet. If You suggest tablet and dosages, I will get it.
I will try to get karbadust. Is there any other alternative for this which I can get from pharmacy?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
You can get a human vit B complex. The soft gel capsules. Squeeze out about 1/4 and give this to him daily for about a week. The only other alternative to karbadust will be to get something from a petshop that is specifically for birds or pigeons.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I gave him vit b capsule, he seems to be sleepy and drinking more water and watery green droppings. I am worried for him😟

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
He will drink lots of water and droppings will be very watery. You will need to be patient with him. Are you still handfeeding?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Today he seems better. Yes I am handfeeding him but he don't co-operate while feeding, he tries to bite me and often refuse to eat. I tried with different methods like using water bottel as well but he don't open his mouth. I feel his beak is aslo bit hurt bcz of forcefully feeding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yes...it's been 10 days so I stopped his meds. Some times I feel his beak bit warmer but it may be bcz of hot weather..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hi marina,
He vomited half food today. And watery green droppings from the morning. I see some red thing in droppings it can be blood. Please help!!!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts