Pigeon-Talk banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I am not really sure if it's blood. He is not hurt. But I am worried bcz he vomited once.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Did he vomit again or was that just a once-off? Are you giving him the apple cider vinegar in the drinking water? What are you currently feeding him? Can you check inside his beak again for yellow growths? Also check way back inside his throat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
He Just vomit once. I m feeding him frozen peas,carrot,rice ,wheat and perl millet seeds. Giving him apple cider vinegar as well( twice a week).

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
The yellow urates in the droppings can be a sign of canker. Any other symptoms? Drinking excessive water, difficulty swallowing, losing feathers on the breast, crop slower than usual? So far you've only treated him with amoxycillin for a week (if I remember correctly).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
There is no yellow growth inside his mouth I checked inside his throat..He just have swelling or lymph bellow neck .yes I have given him amoxy for 10 days.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Canker does not always show in the throat, that is just 1 symptom. I would put him on metronidazole 40 mg once a day. So if you can get a 400 mg tablet, crush and divide into 10 heaps. Take small piece of wet bread, cover with powder and feed to him. The lump you are seeing is his trachea, more visible when the head is thrown back as in the photo.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts