Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a baby pigeon in Jackson Heights, NY. It has a nice wing spread but no real tail feathers yet. It can't fly yet. I brought it home because I think it fell out of a tree or nest and was ripe for getting either eaten or hit by a car. I call it Nemo. I can't keep it because I have two cats and a dog who are very curious and besides it is a wild bird and should be free. I bought a cage to keep it safe. I bought some Tropican mix on the advise of the pet store and he/she was eating it but seemed to be still hungry, so I got some dove and pigeon food and he/she loves it. He/she has fresh water every time I go into the room and I keep the door locked so no one will bother him/her. I cover him/her up every night and he/she has a small face cloth to cuddle under. I attach two ends to the top of the cage and it must feel like something he/she is comfortable with. Can you give me the name of someone local that can rehab or take care of him/her until he/she can take flight or if he/she can't fly just give him/her a good home. Very friendly and vocal and easy to handle. Thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm curious, is this the same person that has another thread called, "Found baby Pigeon need placement assistance" Its two threads under this one. The other person named the pigeon Nemo also and is also from Jackson Heights, NY. If you look on the other thread, several people put places you can contact on the other thread. Maybe you just lost you thread that you wrote the first time. Thats alright. mindy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nemo

It probably is the same. My daughter first found a site and I guess this was it. I didn't realize it when I started looking for a site. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
patience

By the way I DO have patience with him/her as I do with all my pets. If I didn't I wouldn't have picked him up. The only reasons I can't keep him and it's not just to get rid of him/her but I have three other curious pets, and he/ she is a wild bird and should be with other ones or with someone who knows how to help him adjust and fly or be able to keep him safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts