Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This friendly guy landed on my porch. He came right to me, i didn't have to chase him. Hes eating and drinking and doing just fine in a cat carrier in my dining room, but I would love to get him home. Emailed secretary at NPA but haven't gotten a response. Should i just let him go? He is incredibly tame.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for helping this needy domestic bird. PLEASE do not release the bird, it is domestic and used to being housed and fed and obviously lost.

If he is tame he is either weak from hunger or someone's pet.

It may take a little while to get a response, but please wait for a response, and let us know, but do not release bird. If home can't be located, perhaps the bird can be adopted out.

Is this the website/email address you sent notification to? http://npausa.com/customer_service/found_pigeon.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, there were 2 email addresses listed on that website, i responded to both. he doesn't seem weak or injured, hes eating and drinking and making a big mess:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
yes, there were 2 email addresses listed on that website, i responded to both. he doesn't seem weak or injured, hes eating and drinking and making a big mess:)
Thank you for caring for the bird. Sorry your guest is so messy in your dining room, pigeons can be quite messy when they eat. A small deep spill proof bowl will help.

He may also be trying to bathe if his drinking bowl is messy. :)

Oh, that is quite a lovely bird. I don't think you would have trouble finding a home for him if the owner cannot be reached.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update

well i found the breeder of the bird, IN CALIFORNIA!!! He says he sold a bunch a birds a few years back but has no idea how it could have gotten to Illinois. He said it is a Pensom Roller, with some Birmingham, a white/yellow bloodline and its probably a male. so now im looking for someone local to take it. Waiting on a call. will keep you posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts