Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
4,082 Posts
Renee,

We may have different taste. But it does look like it knows home! And loves it! So that bird has that homing love (which may be the "something" you are talking about).

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've not heard back from the club secretary; he told me this weekend he could look up the band number at work on Monday but no joy so far. Will give him another day and call again. Petey doesn't seem quite as happy in the stall, but it is in the shade and he has plenty of water and food. I'd open the door to let him fly around if he wanted but I'm afraid he wouldn't go back in.

· Registered
15,608 Posts
Does Petey have any other bands on his leg? If you don't get a call back, call the AU and tell them about the bird and that no one will call you back.......that's if you don't want to keep it. I'm not sure if we have any members close by that would want to give it a home.

· Registered
2,658 Posts
It's awesome what you're doing for that bird! I hope you get some answers soon. He's a beautiful bird and I know you won't have any problems finding him a home if the owner doesn't claim him.

· Guardian Angel
4,194 Posts
Is it just me or does that bird not look like a fabulous specimen? There's just something about it...........
I had a stray hen that was one of the best flyers in my loft.She won the combine from RENO 450 miles She strayed in as a young bird The guy that owned the bird told me to keep it and that it was a DETROIT Bekeart and I was flying Bekearts at the time so I kept her ( Old 183).She sure was a flyer but she never raised a youngster worth anything GEORGE;)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok update: The bird is one of Darell Eaker's from 3D Lofts in Taft TX. He's going to call some of the people he knows around this area to maybe come and get the bird to ship to him. I'll try to find out more about where he got loose from since I'm interested to find out too! :)

Claire

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Petey's been picked up! Darrell got a friend who lives locally to come and get Petey today. He said it was a male bird who had been sold to a gentleman in New York! He flew all the way here with half of his flight feathers clipped too! O.O

He's been loose for a bit, it sounds like; the guy showed me how his wing tips were bleached from the sun and being outside. I'm just amazed he made it here; what a cool bird!

Thanks for all your help guys, and good luck with your birds!

Claire

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.