Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pidgeon right near my front door that couldn't fly so I picked him/her up and put in a bird cage he/she is eatimg and drinking water but still cannot fly it's been around a week what should I do?? Also poo was very dark but it seems to be improving.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Can you post a photo of him plse. Have you checked for any injuries esp under the wings and below the breast area? Is he walking ok like a normal pigeon?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TThank you he/she falls over when walking but I think improving I let himher out yesterday and wasn't doing it as much but still couldn't fly and when I pick him/Her dosent seem to be sore also.how do I post a photo sorry not up on all this.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
He looks unwell. Can you take a flashlight and check inside his beak and the back of the throat for any unusual white or yellow growths? Can you also post a photo of his droppings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks unwell. Can you take a flashlight and check inside his beak and the back of the throat for any unusual white or yellow growths? Can you also post a photo of his droppings.
I'm sorry I don't have anyone here with me so wouldn't be easy to check his/Her throat I looked this up and it sounds like what he/she might have bit H/she is eating now and drinking and poo is getting lighter in col colour Font Screenshot Number Rainbow Circle

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
They eat in a funny way when they have PMV. Jerking the head to the back and almost tossing the seed over their shoulders. They also spin around in circles. A pigeon stumbling and falling over doesn't mean it is PMV.

You can do a round of antibiotics if this is easily available in your country. There are other diseases that can also cause this. Try to get amoxycillin if possible and plse post again. I will help with dosage and how to administer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much Marina I'll try and get some antibiotics at the vet and I'll message you I appreciate thIs so much💯💛

1 - 9 of 9 Posts