Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just found this guy in my garage. Right wing seems a little disabled, but should recover soon.
Available now to the owner, or to pigeon fancier capable of identifying loft & returning this bird to the owner.
Thanks
Geoff - 440-236-6355
www.forestparkaviaries.org
Columbia Station
Ohio 44028.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hello and thank you for rescuing this bird.

These birds have been unfortunately released out into the elements as their owner/s couldn't keep them any more.

We may have a member who can take this bird, let's see. Can you provide it a safe home until then?

I am going to move your thread to the AGSG bird forum that has been specially set up to handle the needs for these poor birds.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Thank you for caring for this pigeon. As Treesa said, the AGSG pigeons are those that have been released by their owners. They belonged to a program that went bankrupt, and hundreds of thousands of them are unwanted and being turned free (though they are not prepared to live in the wild). If you could narrow down your location a bit, we can see if we have members nearby who could take him. We (our site) are trying to do what we can to help place these abandoned pigeons in new homes. You are one of many people who have found one (or more) recently and come to us. Thanks again and please check back frequently to see who is near you.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i know geoff and dixie! bought a couple of sun conures from him back in the day, and i see them at every bird fair!

i just emailed him to see what was up with the birdling , and if he can hold on to him til the 29th i could pick him up at the bird fair!

i wish i would have seen this earlier! :(

·
Registered
279 Posts
hey guys, - i saw geoff and dixie today in medina, and they said the birdling went to the rainbow bridge. dang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts