Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so today apparently a pigeon flew into my work area (huge garage like place) and he just sat on top of a bench in the corner. to my amazement it just stayed there all day. i gave it some food and water but it ignored it. when i went to capture it, it flew away but i caught her with ease. i brought it back home its sitting on my balcony. i doesn't look sick nor injured but im worried it might starve. from work to now, its just has its eyes closed. perhaps it is sleeping?

with the bird flu around, im taking extra caution when dealing with the bird (gloves). what are the chances of him making me sick? =(

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Thank you for taking her in. NO chance of getting sick from her, just use common sense and general hygiene. Pigeons don't carry bird flu.
Is there a band on her leg? I would keep her contained with food and water available. Put a pinch of salt and sugar in her water dish to rehydrate her. And let her rest for now.
Keep checking back, more advise will come.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
has not pooped yet, define feeling thin?

it just sitting there with its eyes closed. is this normal?

because yesterday i saw another pigeon outside my work place which was also just sitting there and had its eyes closed. it was puffy but it died before i got off work. pretty sure it was illness. but hopefully this pigeon can be helped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
located in vancouver, canada. anyways its a fully grown adult. and the poop is clearish with white stuff (a bit on the watery side). certainly not normal poo so its still on my balcony and surprisingly it has not flown away. whats wrong with him?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
It's starving I would say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts