Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I found the bird, it was tired and disoriented. I gave it some brown rice and lentils (the only foods I had lying around) and water, hoping that it'll find its way home once it recovers...

Except, it's been 3 days, and the bird is still hanging around even though it's definitely recovered by now. Due to living situations, I don't have a place to keep the pigeon if I caught it, so I've just been letting it roam around the yard right now.

I looked up its band id, and JEDDS refers to a bird supplies store. The staff at the bird supplies store gave me the phone number of the person who bought the band. However, when I called the phone number, I got a automated message saying that this phone number doesn't exist anymore. So now I'm not sure what to do with the bird?

Also, my local pet store doens't sell pigeon food -- does anyone know what sorts of things I could buy from the grocery store that'd work well as pigeon feed?

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for helping this needy bird.

He is used to being fed and having a roof over his head, (protection from predators and elements)

He needs to be caught in order to be rescued also.

You can find pigeon seed at any local feed or bird supply store. You can feed him wild bird seed for now, please don't feed rice and lentils it is not good for the bird.

This link will have some ways to trap the bird. http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f20/1...s-incl2cnd-step-post-your-location-38776.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Pigeon is still doing fine.

I've managed to contact the owner, who said that I should release the pigeon and try to scare it away; it'll fly back home on its own. If not, I should call them again and they'll come pick up the bird. Thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts