Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We had found baby pigeons (two) and they have not been visited by their parents. I have kept them for a day, been feeding them baby rice cereal. I have also been giving them water to make sure that they do not choke. Can you guys give me suggestions on what to feed them (at home supplies)? And how old are they? Also suggestions on housing methods because there are no shelters where I love. Don’t mind the poo around, had cleaned the area after the picture.

Beak Bird Snow Galliformes Chicken

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Looks like two starlings, they are quite easy to raise. Get a good quality dry cat food. Soak in warm water till soft and feed to them. I use a small paintbrush to put the pieces of food in the back of the throat. First you can hydrate them by dipping the tip of the paintbrush in water and keep this against the beak where the upper and lower beak meet. (Away from the nostrils). The water will seep through. You might need to force open the beaks the first time feeding them, but they quickly learn and will gape open when hungry. They will need feeding every 2 hours or so, but they will let you know when they are hungry.

Rather keep them on a soft blanket. Let us know how they are doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts