Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Ive been keeping birds for years, However yesterday My husband found a pigeon who seems to be a young one, im going to say about 27/28 days old. He was almost run over by a car (new york, nothing new) and my hubby picked him up. poor little guy is alert but he has a broken right wing with a small wound, I cleaned the wound and I currently have him in one of our old dog kennels.(which i use for puppy sitting on occasion- i no longer have any dogs)

i have a warm old clean towel with a hot water bottle under and seed and water. He is active and eating well and normal poop, I tried wrapping up his wing: so far, after 4 times- success..lol any Tips for this boy who my husband nicknamed "Rusty".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Injured Pigeon

Hi there, just thought I would let you know I found an injured pigeon as well today, who is very bright in himself, got a broken wing and has a small wound and I also put him in the dog kennel that we have!!! so similar. I have been trying to locate a good website which might have information that can help. I located this link, which may be useful to you too
http://www.duckpolice.org/BirdWeb/PigeonResourceWeb/brokenwing.html
We've name ours Pete. We live near London, England.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Thank you both for caring !

In both instances, if there's an open wound it is best to get the Pigeon to a vet. A wounded pigeon can easily become infected and in the case of such an injury, in the least an antibiotic should be started ASAP.

In regards to the wing, if you can describe where the injury is, some folks here have had some success with wing splinting and such so maybe they can help (although, again, the best thing's for a vet to examine the wing).

Yes, duckpolice is a good one....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts