Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found pigeon on street in Phoenix. One wing is held higher than the other (like a person shrugging one shoulder and keeping it there) and it cannot seem to use this wing. Otherwise normal. Cannot fly. Have not seen marks on wing.

What to do? and how to make up for not having a heating pad?

Could someone give clear directions to get to Resources, also?

and if anyone knows of rescues or shelters around here, that would be great.

This is unrelated, but I found a pigeon spasming that died within the hour seeming in a great deal of pain. Is there a very quick and painless way to kill a pigeon in this state (which I would ONLY do in this circumstance?) Is that what one should do? It could not be put into a warm quiet box as it flapped around and out on the floor hurting itself.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Found pigeon on street in Phoenix. One wing is held higher than the other (like a person shrugging one shoulder and keeping it there) and it cannot seem to use this wing. Otherwise normal. Cannot fly. Have not seen marks on wing.

What to do?

* and how to make up for not having a heating pad?

** Could someone give clear directions to get to Resources, also?

and if anyone knows of rescues or shelters around here, that would be great.

This is unrelated, but I found a pigeon spasming that died within the hour seeming in a great deal of pain.

*** Is there a very quick and painless way to kill a pigeon in this state (which I would ONLY do in this circumstance?) Is that what one should do?

It could not be put into a warm quiet box as it flapped around and out on the floor hurting itself.
Many thanks for helping this little one.

* A good heat source substitute would be to place the bird under a low wattage lamp or fill a sock about 2/3 full with uncooked rice, microwave it for a few seconds (checking to make sure there are no hot spots) and wrap it around the bird.

** I don't know where in Phoenix you are located but there is a rehabber in Peoria that may be able to assist you or direct you to someone closer to you.

Her name is Jody and her phone# is 623-566-0155

*** I, personally, would take the bird to the nearest vet or licensed rehabber for assistance in determining what should be done.

Cindy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.