Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boyfriend came home with a baby pigeon he found in a park in downtown Los Angeles where we live with our dog and zebra finches. It is alert and super cute but seems to have a hurt wing. We are keeping it warm and quiet and dark and I have contacted rescues but i want to know if it is in fact ok to feed it store bought baby food....the rescues say no but I want to keep it alive and I don't even know if a rescue will take it....please help! Anyone or any orginization who will take and fix a possibly injured baby pigeon in the Los Angeles area would be a lifesaver..literallly!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Thanks so much for helping this baby. Store bought baby food, if you mean something like Kaytee Exact for feeding baby parrots, is perfectly fine. I don't know about L.A. but Terry Whatley is in Lake Forest and I'm sure she can help if you get the baby to her or she can tell you who can. Her phone number (also in the Resources section of this forum) is 949-951-4617 (home) or 949-584-6696 (mobile).

If you scroll through the Resources list there is also an excellent thread on feeding methods for baby pigeons. http://www.pigeon-life.net/prd.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!

So we kept the bird alive through the night...they are strong little things! I got a call first thing this morning from one of the wildlife rescue groups I contacted and we gave the little pigeon a ride to Long Beach where it is being raised by some loving people. We are all very optomistic. I looked at the day to day development pics on this site (which were very helpful) and it looked like it was between 15 and 18 days old...so close to being a big pigeon and now it will get to have a nice life! Thanks for the help though and I am glad people in the world care about even the average city pigeon. I know I love them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts