Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a black and white pigeon with feathered feet.It has a band and seems either stunned or ill.It is eating and drinking but his droppings are runny.I emailed the NPA already.I posted on craigslist.any advice as to finding the owner?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for helping the bird.

Please post the complete band number.

Also, please post a picture of the bird.

Keep the bird seperated from any birds you might have, just in case it is ill.

The droppings may be runny due to the bird being starved or/and it may be ill. Can you check the keel/breast bone and see if it is sharp? If it sharp the bird is starved and needs time to put weight back on.

You can allow it to eat freely.

Please keep bird warm and out of any drafts of air.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i did email the band number yesterday.,i called today and left a voice mail. i hoping to hear something soon.The pigeon does seem to be getting weaker and im not sure were to turn .iv called about 5 rehabbers of birds from the DNR list and not one was willing to take him. im fine caring for him as far as feeding and sheltering but i dont have access to liquid form meds,only pill form( i work with cats and dogs).
anyone know any rehabbers in MI? ill continue to call down the list for now.i really want to get this guy help....he is so beautiful....i attached a photo although not very good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for conituing to care for this bird and trying to find help.

Keep the bird in a warm location out of drafts of air and out of cold, it needs warmth when not feeling well.

Is it still eating well? If the bird is not eating enough or not at all you may have to force feed it, as it will grow weaker if not eating enough, and being sick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts